Applications for the Hungarian International Diaspora Scholarships Program are being accepted by the government of Hungary. The grant is available for the 2023–2024 academic year.
International students living in a Hungarian Diaspora are eligible for the scholarship program. If they have completed their undergraduate or graduate-level degree studies at their qualifying Hungarian institute or university in any discipline, they are eligible to win this application. The Award is probably going to pay for tuition and other unforeseen costs.
The Hungarian Government established the Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship as a scholarship program for students who are part of the Hungarian diaspora living outside of Europe and who wish to pursue higher education at a Hungarian higher education institution in order to strengthen their personal, professional, and cultural ties to Hungary. Additionally, it helps the scholarship recipients progress professionally by providing them with a top-notch Hungarian higher education that will further enable them to contribute their community once they graduate and return to their home country.
Last date of the scholarship is 31st January 2023.
Undergraduate or Master’s degree
Tuition fee along with other additional benefits towards their overall expenses.
- All international students are eligible to apply.
- Students can apply for a higher education degree at a Hungarian university or college of choice.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply for admission in an eligible institute.
- The applicants must be members of a Hungarian diaspora living in any country outside of the European Union, the Republic of Serbia or the Zakarpattia Oblast of Ukraine.
- Admission applications must be via the university portal of the students’ respective universities. The application can be made online.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of language
- School certificates and their translation
- Transcripts of records and its translation
- Medical certificate
- Copy of identification document
- Copy of a valid document
- Recommendation letter from a Diaspora Organization or the Hungarian Diplomatic Representation
- Statement for application
- Research plan
- The applicants must have academic qualifications relevant to the course or level, of course they wish to apply for and meet any additional requirements of their chosen university.
- The students must meet the language requirements of their university and also the course they have applied for, if applicable.