The New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association is announcing the commencement of the application process for the prestigious Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships. These scholarships present a unique opportunity for degree-seeking students to enhance their knowledge and experience in subjects such as cultural, political, and business relationships.
The Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships will be award for the academic year 2023-2024. By providing this financial aid, we aim to facilitate academic pursuits and promote cultural exchange.
New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association
At the New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association, we strongly believe in the power of sharing knowledge and experiences. Therefore, we expect the successful scholarship recipient to actively contribute to our community. This entails sharing their learnings and experiences with the NZSBA, its members, and the wider community. Additionally, we encourage the recipient to assist in promoting the scholarship to inspire future applicants. The specific requirements for knowledge-sharing and promotion will be communicated to the successful applicant upon receiving the scholarship.
The New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association prides itself on cultivating strong partnerships. Both New Zealanders and Scandinavians have a rich heritage of entrepreneurial spirit, pushing boundaries, and embracing unique approaches to achieve better outcomes. By offering these scholarships, we aim to further strengthen the bond between our communities and foster greater understanding.
The New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association is committed to creating value for its members. Our mission revolves around promoting partnerships, encouraging networking, fostering relationships, and facilitating the flow of knowledge. Through various business events and initiatives, we work closely with our esteemed patrons, the Nordic ambassadors, and New Zealand’s Ambassador to Scandinavia. We highly value these relationships and actively engage with our wider stakeholders to achieve our objectives.
To be considered for the Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships, please submit your application by the annual deadline of July 22nd, 2023. We look forward to receiving your applications and investing in your academic journey in Scandinavia.
The Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships, awarded by the New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association, provide several benefits to the winners, including a NZD 3,000 monetary award, recognition and prestige, enhanced knowledge and experience, networking opportunities, and the chance to contribute to the community.
Eligibility Requirements for the Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is open to students from Scandinavian countries. If you are a student hailing from any of the Scandinavian nations, you are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarships are specifically design for degree programs that focus on subjects of significance for cultural, political, and/or business relationships between New Zealand and the five Scandinavian (Nordic) countries. You can apply for these scholarships if your chosen course aligns with these areas of study.
- To be consider for the Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
a. It is essential that applicants demonstrate a genuine interest in pursuing studies and/or gaining work experience in Scandinavia. Your passion and dedication for engaging with the region will be taken into account during the selection process.
- The scholarship application process begins after you have received an offer of admission.
- Then you need to submit a separate scholarship application form to be consider for the Hans and Pat Bjorklund Scholarships. This form can be obtain from the New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association (NZSBA) or the designated scholarship authority.
- You will need to gather and submit the following supporting documents to the university:
- Write a letter explaining your motivation for studying in Scandinavia and how it aligns with the objectives of the scholarship.
- Provide an essay discussing your personal background, interests, and career aspirations related to cultural, political, and/or business relationships between New Zealand and the Scandinavian countries.
- Depending on the university’s requirements, you may need to provide proof of English language proficiency through recognized tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Academic Transcripts: Include copies of your academic transcripts from previous educational institutions.
- Obtain letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or employers who can attest to your academic abilities, character, and potential.
- It is important to review the specific requirements of your chosen university or college and submit any additional documents they may request.
- Applicants must meet the admission criteria set by their desired university or college.
- Applicants must also satisfy the English language proficiency requirements of their respective universities or colleges. Confirm the specific language requirements with your chosen institution and ensure compliance.
For further details and the scholarship application form, please reach out to the New Zealand Scandinavian Business Association (NZSBA) or refer to the scholarship authority designated by the NZSBA.