The International Student Academic Merit Awards are given to international students at State University of New York College at Geneseo. The program is available to study in the US during the academic year 2023–2024.
With a GPA of 3.0 or better, the academic scholarship support programme for international students is renewable for up to four years. Programs are open to first-year students and transfer students. Admission to SUNY Geneseo is a prerequisite for consideration of international applicants.
One of the top public liberal arts colleges in the nation was established in 1871 and is named Geneseo. Geneseo University, which has received national recognition for excellence and value in the liberal arts, is renowned for its outstanding professors, friendly community, and history
The institution equips students with cutting-edge knowledge and inspires them to become socially responsible, internationally conscious citizens who are ready for an enhanced life and success around the world.
Last date of the scholarship is January 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
State University of New York College at Geneseo
an award amount ranging from $5,000 – $9,000 per year to successful candidates
- All international countries are eligible to apply.
- Students can apply to study in an undergraduate program offered at SUNY Geneseo.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be international students applying to SUNY Geneseo for enrollment into an undergraduate program for the summer, fall or spring semester. Scholarship applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- They must have high school certificates with good academic records.
- Applicants must apply for admission to the university’s undergraduate degree program. After that, students are eligible to apply for this award.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Completed Application Form
- Appropriate Academic Records
- Proof of English Proficiency
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Financial Statement of Support
- Passport ID page photocopy
- SAT/ACT (not required)
- Up-to-date official transcripts from all secondary schools (high schools) you have attended with English translations.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- The International Admission Committee requires that all students provide proof of their English language abilities.
- Official results from the following English proficiency exams are accepted:
- TOEFL (internet-based minimum score: 75)
- Institution Code: 2540
- IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 overall. No section can be below 6.0)
- PTE (minimum 58)
- iTEP (minimum 3.7)
- MET (minimum 53)
- Eiken Grade Pre-1
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 105)
- Cambridge English
- Skills for English (CEFR B2 w/ Merit)